Lackawanna College’s mission is to provide a quality education to all persons who seek to improve their lives and better the communities in which they live.
The College’s vision is to be the nationally recognized premier open-enrollment college of choice.
Lackawanna’s core values include a commitment to:
- Remaining an affordable open-enrollment college which offers both associate and bachelor level degrees
- Providing a rigorous, engaging, and transferable education that exceeds academic expectations for students at all learning levels
- Ensuring excellent educational opportunities for students academically underprepared for college level work
- Nurturing students’ sense of self-worth and capacity to make a difference.
- Cultivating and maintaining active partnerships with our regional community, including other educational institutions, businesses, and non-profit agencies
- Delivering high quality degree and non-degree programs that prepare students to succeed in the workforce