Is helping others a part of who you are? If “yes,” then consider a career in the medical field. At Lackawanna College, you’ll gain hands-on experience, skills and in some cases, professional certifications to confidently find your place in health services.
The overriding goals of all our medical field majors encompass the following:
- Prepare safe and competent caregivers (Health Care Professionals).
- Prepare entry-level practitioners who invest in their communities.
- Provide selected training for specific Health Sciences programs that meet employer/employment needs, leading to excellent job placement for our Health Sciences students.
- Meet and maintain Accreditation requirements for each specific Health Sciences Program.
- Collaborate to strengthen current programs and to develop future programs to improve the quality of healthcare in our communities.
We offer the following Medical Field majors:
- Cardiac Ultrasound - Associate Degree
- Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound - Associate Degree
- Information Management Technician with Medical Billing & Coding - Certificate Program
- Massage Therapy Certificate Program - Certificate Program
- Medical Administrative Assistant - Certificate Program
- Medical Assisting - Certificate Program
- Medical Billing & Coding Certificate - Certificate Program
- Nurse Aide Training Program - Certificate Program
- Nursing - Associate Degree
- Occupational Therapy Assistant - Associate Degree
- Phlebotomy Technician - Certificate Program
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate Degree
- Pre-Allied Health - Associate Degree
- RN-BSN Online - Bachelor's Degree
- Surgical Technology - Associate Degree
- Ultrasound - Associate Degree
- Vascular Ultrasound - Associate Degree