Three Things to do Before Open House
Choosing a college is a big commitment, and attending an open house can give you the information that you need to decide where you want to go.
Lackawanna College’s Open House on Saturday, April 30 is a great way to discover what it’s like to be a Falcon! If you’re visiting our main campus in Scranton, you’ll meet with faculty and staff, tour the campus and learn about grants and financial aid.
If you’re visiting our locations in Hazleton, Hawley, Sunbury, Towanda, Tunkhannock or Covington Township, you’ll get a personalized, one-on-one experience.
Open houses are a great way to learn about courses and student life! Here’s three tips to making sure your open house experience goes as smoothly as possible:
1. Prepare a list of questions
When it comes to picking a college, what matters most to you? Find out what student life is like and be ready to chat up the real experts—students, faculty and staff. This list of questions will help you spark helpful conversations.
- How accessible are administrators, registrars, financial aid officers, etc.?
- What majors are popular?
- Which clubs or organizations are popular?
- What kinds of hands-on or practical experiences have you had in and outside of the classroom?
2. Get started on financial aid
The Financial Aid process can be one of the most difficult parts of college to figure out. If you’re wondering if there’s an app for that, there is! Download the myStudentAid app from the U.S. Department of Education. You can apply for financial aid, view your student aid, track your loan progress and more.
Still stumped? Student Financial Services will be at the Open House to help and answer all of your questions.
3. Arrive prepared with the right tools
You’ve decided on your degree and now it is time to visit! Lackawanna College has six locations that cater to each degree that we offer. As you plan your visit to our Open House, make sure to have these things:
- A friend or family member to ensure you have all of the important information you need. They may have their own questions to ask regarding enrollment, admissions, academics and more.
- A laptop and/or pen and paper to take notes throughout the event.
- A folder to keep all of your flyers and other paperwork from the open house organized.
Lackawanna College offers high-quality education at an affordable price. Come visit us at one of our locations for our Open House on Saturday, April 30 to see how the college is the perfect place for you. Take the next step and register now by clicking here, and we can’t wait to meet you!