The Power of an Accounting Associate Degree
Accounting skillsare highly valued in business since proficient professionals are the key to a company’s survival. More importantly, accountants are essential for all businesses, from hospitals to corporations to schools. Everywhere you need professional accounting support,
Globally, the accounting services market was worth $544.06 billion in 2020, and industry growth continues! The accounting job marketis expected to reach $735.94 billion by 2025.
These numbers are like a calling card for individuals dreaming of a career in finance and accounting. Consider taking an accounting associate degree to fulfill your wish. Try Lackawanna College’s two-year accounting associate degree, designed based on real-life applications. This allows our students to start working soon after they complete their two-year curriculum.
Our accounting associate degree can prepare you for a successful accounting career. This two-year program comprises four semesters that adequately prepare you for the entry-level accounting job market. After receiving an associate degree in accounting, you can seek jobs at:
• Investment companies
• Brokerage firms
• Finance departments of corporations
• Forensic accounting firms
• Government agencies
• Small private offices
What Roles Are Suitable for Accounting Associate Degree Holders?
Here are a few job roles you might consider applying for after your accounting education.
• Bookkeeper: Bookkeepers are responsible for many tasks, including overseeing accounts, recording transactions, processing payments, undertaking banking duties, etc.
• Payroll Clerk: You must maintain your company’s payroll as a payroll clerk. The responsibilities include collecting, calculating, and entering data into payroll records regularly. They also update data on the payroll when changes like deductions, promotions, and compensation occur. However, the responsibilities are broader than these. A payroll clerk may need to communicate with employees or vendors, oversee payroll policies and procedures, and resolve various payroll discrepancies.
• Accounting Assistant: Typically, accounting assistants are needed within a larger organization or pirate account offices. They usually oversee entry-level and office-based accounting activities.
• Accounting Clerk: It’s an entry-level position where the clerk needs to ensure the records and accounts are accurate and in order. Accounting clerks prepare accounting documents, records, statements, bank deposits, and general ledger postings. Often, they provide support to upper management by producing summaries and reports.
• Administrative Assistant: Along with the accounting department, an administrative assistant offers support to many other teams within a company. They handle essential office and accounting duties like answering phone calls, processing invoices, greeting customers, updating budgets, processing transactions, and preparing bank deposits.
• Auditing Clerk: An auditing clerk ensures the company’s financial records are accurate and stored correctly. They typically handle records like expense accounts, loans, commissions, bank records, inventory, accounts payable, etc.
Why Should You Choose Lackawanna College’s Accounting Program?
Our accounting associate degree program empowers students with in-demand accounting skills, training, and accounting knowledge so they can kickstart their careers as soon as possible. The Lackawanna College Associate Degree in Accounting helps you to:
• Acquire knowledge of basic accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
• Practice data entry using computer software, calculations, tax returns, and other relevant skills.
• Get knowledge about the principles of managerial accounting for industrial applications.
• Learn the definition of fundamental business principles using the study of law, management economics, and statistics.
At Lackawanna College, postgraduate students can attain a bachelor’s degree in accounting, enabling them to pursue certification as a public accountant or secure positions at the senior level.
What Courses Are Included?
Lackawanna College’s accounting associate degree program is well-designed, with the most sought-after topics to help you build a solid foundation in your accounting career. In this program, you can achieve recordkeeping skills while learning to interpret accounting data to help businesses manage their finances.
Most standard courses that are included in the program:
• Business Strategy
• Business Management
• Business logic and ethics
• Financial Planning
• Integrated Accounting Applications
• Principles of Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
The most alluring addition to our accounting education is Phi Beta Lambda, a business club that helps students explore the nitty-gritty of the business world.
Want to earn your associate degree from a Pennsylvania State Department of Education-approved institution? Become a student, apply to Lackawanna College, and kickstart your career as a skilled account professional in just two years.
Visit Lackawanna College to apply to our accounting associate degree program. This program is available on the Scranton, Hazleton, Hawley-Lake Region, Sunbury, and Towanda campuses.