The School of Petroleum & Natural Gas
Click on any event title to access our registration page.
Wed., October 16, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Wed., November 6, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Wed., October 23, 6-7 p.m.
Fall Open House
Sat., Nov. 16, 9 a.m.
The Great Crew Change
The American Petroleum Institute recently stated that an industry phenomena known as the “Great Crew Change” could see up to 50% of the oil and natural gas industry’s skilled workers retire within the next five to seven years!
Our associate degree programs answer the industry’s need for a trained workforce in all sectors of the petroleum and natural gas industry. These not only include drilling and completion of wells but also moving petroleum and natural gas to distributors for delivery to customers.
Major E & P and Midstream companies including Cabot Oil and Gas, Chesapeake Energy, EXCO Resources, Baker Hughes, Williams, DTE Energy, Exterran, TEAM Oil Tools, Linde Corporation, Ariel Corporation, and Mid-Con Energy Partners have made significant contributions.
Online Classes Available!
Online courses begin in Fall 2019.
Hallmarks of the School’s vision
- Prepare graduates to be effective employees from day one. Ninety three percent of our graduates are hired by major E & P, Midstream, and Pipeline companies that return to campus each year to hire our interns and graduates.
- A curriculum built on engineering principles and industry direction.
- Produce field technologists and technicians through education that closes the gap between certificate/AAS Vo-tech programs and petroleum engineering programs.
- A strong and aggressive internship and job placement program.
- Dedicated administration and faculty with the academic credentials, industry experience, and skills to manage and support a program of the highest caliber.
- High-quality lab facilities and equipment that provide students with hands-on practice.
- Offer experiential learning trips several times each semester through industry partnerships.
- Maintain a campus that is focused and dedicated to the oil and gas industry.
- Provide industry-related activities including the student chapter of the Society of Petroleum Engineers and Women In Shale Energy.
- A selective, competitive admissions process.