At A Glance
Two-year program provides students with broad business background.
Graduates are prepared for administrative, accounting, marketing or financial positions in the oil and gas industry.
Graduates will continue to see employment opportunities as 50% of the current workforce is expected to retire in the next five to seven years.
93% of Lackawanna graduates get hired by large petroleum and gas companies.
Available in Tunkhannock at the College’s School of Petroleum & Natural Gas; at the Hazleton, Lake Region-Hawley, Sunbury and Towanda centers.
Welcome to Petroleum & Natural Gas Business Administration-Associate Degree
Want to be on the business side of the Petroleum & Natural Gas industry? Then Lackawanna College’s Petroleum & Natural Gas Business Administration Associate degree may be for you. The program exposes students to oil & gas drilling, production, handling, processing and safety concepts while studying core business disciplines.
Your Career Starts Here
The American Petroleum Institute indicated the U.S. could see up to 50% of the oil and natural gas industry’s skilled workers retire within the next five to seven years. Our associate degree program answers the industry’s need for a trained workforce in all sectors of the petroleum and natural gas industry.
The program is recommended for students preparing for an administrative, accounting, marketing, or financial position with an oil & gas company.
More About the Program
Petroleum & Natural Gas Business Administration students will:
- Prepare for a career in the petroleum and natural gas industry by applying fundamental management, marketing and human resource theories.
- Identify the key concepts associated with oil and gas exploration, drilling, production, handling and processing.
- Demonstrate accounting principles, practices and procedures relating to the petroleum and natural gas industry.
- Use technology to sharpen skills through study of management information systems/computerized spreadsheets, macro-economics and statistics.
- Provide the student with the knowledge, skills and resources to work safely in the petroleum and natural gas industry.
- Explain the terms associated with the oil and natural gas industry’s upstream and midstream technology.
The Course Work
Lackawanna’s program will provides students with a broad background in business concepts as they relate to the petroleum and natural gas industry.
Some of the core classes students may take include:
- Introduction to PNG Technology
- Industrial Safety & OSHA Regulation
- PNG Production
- Natural Gas Comp Tech I w/lab
- Field handling, Processing and Pipe
- Engine Mechanics
- Field Operations
- Production Communications Systems