The Level Up program’s career -focused pathway model allows students to not only earn credits and save money, but engage in authentic college experiences. The Level Up program prepares students for the transition to college by providing high school students with:
- Flexibility to earn credits at a pace that works for them either online or on-campus
- An orientation before beginning the program
- An academic advisor to course plan based on individual goals and needs
- Access to services through the Student Success office, including tutoring and career information
- Engagement in student activities
Level Up Pathway Options
These Level Up Pathways lead directly into Lackawanna College degree programs. Explore more about our degree programs! Or transfer your credits to another institution.
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Technology Innovation (Cybersecurity, Robotics)
- Health Sciences (Healthcare Exploration)
- Human Services
- Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Professional Studies
- School of Hospitality (Baking, Culinary, Hospitality Management)
Explore careers and majors even further through our hands-on Exploration Pathways. Learn how Lackawanna College degrees lead to exciting, in-demand careers. Engage with our faculty and staff and start earning credits. We offer exploration pathways in the following areas:
- Healthcare – Learn more about the many healthcare degrees and certificates Lackawanna offers to get you to work in the medical field.
- Technology Innovation – Learn more about the programs offered through the Center for Technology Innovation, including Cybersecurity, Robotics & Automation, and Electric Vehicle & Advanced Automotive Technologies.
- Petroleum & Natural Gas – Start earning credits in one of our PNG degrees on-site at our Tunkhannock Center.
- School of Hospitality – Learn more about careers in Culinary Arts, Baking & Pastry Arts and Hospitality Management.
Tuition and Scholarships
High school students can earn college credits at a discounted tuition rate. The College’s standard Level Up tuition rate is $100/credit but may vary by school district based on contractual agreement. In addition, the College recognizes that this tuition may still be a strain on families, so we proudly offer a Level Up Scholarship for aspiring students facing financial barriers. To find out more about this scholarship contact the Pre-College Programs Director at email@example.com or call 570-955-1516. Students who earn Lackawanna College credits through the Dual Enrollment program can receive a Level Up Incentive Scholarship if they enroll at Lackawanna College after high school to complete their degree!
National Recognition For The Level Up Program
Lackawanna College is proud of our Level Up program, and we have been honored to see the initiative earn national recognition.
In March 2021, the business magazine Fast Company included Lackawanna College on its World’s Most Innovative Companies in 2021 list, specifically for the merits of our Level Up program.
Fast Company ranked Lackawanna College in 9th place in its Corporate Social Responsibility category. The category ranks companies that have revolutionized their industries while benefiting their communities.
Lackawanna College is humbled by the attention we’ve received from Fast Company. From the start, we have only wanted our Level Up program to exist as a viable educational option for students struggling with the exponential increases in higher education. We are delighted to know we are impacting our Northeastern Pennsylvania college community in this way.