At A Glance
Two-year program for those who would like to enter the field of hospitality and tourism.
Students learn all the responsibilities of the hospitality field and gain an understanding of how the industry works.
Hospitality management is growing. Employment is expected to grow 9% from 2020 to 2030.
Graduates can earn between $35,530 and $103,780, depending on experience and industry.
Available at the Scranton campus.
Welcome to Hospitality Management-Associate Degree
If you’re an organized person who likes to ensure everything runs smoothly and guests are well cared for, then Lackawanna College’s Hospitality Management Associate degree program may be the perfect fit for you. The program prepares students to handle a variety of challenges and responsibilities that arise in the hospitality industry.
Your Career Starts Here
The need for hospitality managers is growing with the field expected to increase 9% over the next 10 years, which is as fast as the average career field. With an associate degree, there are several career paths graduates can follow, including:
- Hotel manager
- Resort manager
- Cruise ship manager
- Event planner
More About the Program
- Prepare for managerial positions by applying fundamental management theories and skills specific to the hospitality field.
- Develop a basic culinary skill set that will enable them to manage employees in both the front and back of the house.
- Effectively execute the proficiencies needed for success as a hospitality executive.
- Apply knowledge of lodging, food and beverage (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) in a professional setting.
- Emerge as an agent of change in the hospitality industry armed with a working knowledge of sustainability, equipped to enhance and nourish the social, environmental and economic forces within the hospitality and tourism fields.
The Course Work
The two-year program introduces students to all the responsibilities they may have working in hospitality. Students will study all areas of the hospitality industry, including:
- Event Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Hotel Operations