New safety precautions and health screening measures have been implemented due to COVID-19. Anyone scheduled to take a GED test must follow these safety precautions:
- A mask or face covering must be worn at all times (during registration and testing).
- You must arrive at the testing center alone. No one accompanying you to the testing center will be permitted to enter the building unless they are scheduled for a test. No lounges or waiting areas are available at this time. Please make alternate arrangements prior to testing day.
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled testing time.
- Entry to the building will be through the lower rear entrance (Washington Ave.) of the building. The Public Safety Department has a Screening Station located inside the entrance. Testers will not be able to enter through the main entrance (Vine St.).
- Once you have been screened by our Public Safety Department and given a wristband, you will be directed to follow the signage to Room 205 for registration.
Lackawanna College’s GED Testing Center reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who refuses to follow six-feet social distancing and face-covering requirements. All testers must be cleared by Public Safety and wear the wrist band issued by officers at the Screening Station at all times while on College property.
Lackawanna College’s GED Testing Center is open every other Monday and Friday and every Saturday.
The GED Testing Center will not be open during holiday weekends. In case of weather or another related emergency, please call (570) 961-7899 to confirm that the College is open.
About the Test
The new GED format is computer-based. A student can complete their GED testing in a one-day, six-hour period. A complete GED Test consists of 4 sections: Math (95 min), Language Arts (155 min), Science (95 min) and Social Studies (95 min).
A student may register for multiple sections or an entire test on any testing date. If you schedule more than one subject in the same day, you will not receive a lunch break automatically. To schedule a lunch break, schedule each subject separately so you have time between tests.
- All students must schedule and pay for testing through www.ged.com
- On the day of the test, please arrive at the testing center (Lackawanna College Angeli Hall, Room 203, 501 Vine St., Scranton) at least 15 minutes early.
- Have valid Pennsylvania Photo Identification with you. If you do not possess a valid PA ID, you must have a valid Passport, VISA, or other Photo ID along with two proofs of PA residency (example: utility bill, rent receipt).
- Any student not confirmed on the Testing Site roster will not be able to test.
The cost of an entire four-section test is $120. Individual sections are $30 each. All testing fees must be pre-paid upon registration at www.ged.com. Lackawanna College does not collect testing fees.
Lackawanna College reserves the right to deny testing to any candidate who arrives more than 15 minutes late.