At A Glance
Learn the vital lessons in the world of business management or human resources with Lackawanna College’s management career prep with Microsoft certificate.
Start your career in the world of management earning $42,000 and grow to earn over $90,000 per year.
Enter a steadily growing field with over 37,000 positions opening every year through now and 2030.
Earn your certificate online over the course of 26 weeks.
Welcome to Management Career Prep with Microsoft-Certificate Program
You’ve always been a leader at work or school, taking command while listening to others to get the job done as efficiently as possible. Now you’re ready to begin the next step in the professional world with a Management Career Prep with Microsoft certificate from Lackawanna College.
By enrolling in this program, you’ll gain the skills you need to succeed in the world of business or human resources to enter the workforce ready for any challenge.
Your Career Starts Here
Employment of individuals holding a management career prep with Microsoft certificate is projected to grow 7% through now and 2030, which is as fast as other occupations.
The median average pay for management career prep with Microsoft certificate holders is $62,701 per year.
Earning this certificate will open many doors in the professional business world. You can find employment in:
- Retail Stores
- State, Local, and Federal Governments
- Start Up Businesses
- Home Owners Associations
- Sales Offices
- Healthcare Agencies
- Law Firms
Jobs you can begin after earning your certificate include:
- Sales Manager
- Sales Associate
- Human Resources Associate
- Office Manager
- Human Resources Assistant
- And many more
More About the Program
The Management Career Prep with Microsoft certificate gives students a strong knowledge of management within the business community, allowing them to earn a certificate in business management.
Each student has a choice of the business management career prep track or the associate professional in human resources track, both include online components. Either track makes students more attractive as candidates seeking professional roles after earning their certificate.
In addition, students will be trained and certified in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The management career prep with Microsoft certificate takes place online and runs for 400 hours over 26 weeks, costing $7,500.
Business Management Career Prep Track:
- The business management career prep track provides students a thorough understanding of management with a focus on the characteristics of successful managers, manager development and critical thinking.
- Using a theoretical approach, this track encourages students to define effective management and identify the strategies necessary to be successful business managers.
Associate Professional in Human Resources Track:
- The associate professional in human resources track is an HR management course, weaving together solid human resource principles, timely research. The course also covers recent events, such as unemployment and financial problems worldwide.
- This course highlights important challenges facing managers and employees in today’s business climate. Case studies explore real companies and organizations in-depth, delving into some of today’s most effective and unique approaches in dealing with HR issues
The Course Work
Students will learn a variety of subjects in both tracks, some of the subjects for the business management career prep track include:
- Introduction to Management
- Sustaining – A Balanced Approach to Management
- The Future of Management
Subjects students learn in the associate professional in human resources track include:
- HR Roles, Strategy, and Planning
- Equal Employment and Discrimination
- Workforce, Jobs, and Retention
- Staffing, Recruiting, and Selection
- Training, Talent Management, and Career Development
- Performance Management and Appraisal
- Total Rewards and Compensation
- Variable Pay, Executive Compensation, and Benefits
- Risk Management, Worker Protection, and Employee Relations
- Union/Management Relations and Grievances