At A Glance
Learn the world of tech, programming, and database optimization through Lackawanna College’s CIW database design specialist with SQL, Java and C-Sharp certificate.
Start your career earning $73,000 per year and grow in your field to earn $88,000 per year.
Enter a steadily growing field with high job security, due to the need of certified workers.
Earn your certificate online over the course of 15 weeks ready to take your CIW certificate exam.
Welcome to CIW Database Design Specialist with SQL, Java & C-Sharp-Certificate Program
You’ve always been tech savvy but always wanted to learn more or you have a job in IT already and are ready to take the next step in your professional career! Lackawanna College’s CIW database design specialist with SQL, Java & C-Sharp certificate can help you achieve this next step in your life and prepare you for the CIW certificate exam.
At Lackawanna College you’ll gain the skills and knowledge you need for the current digital age and beyond!
Your Career Starts Here
Employment of database design specialists is projected to grow 9% through now and 2030, which is about average for all occupations.
The median average wage for a database design specialist is $79,990 per year.
Earning your certificate in CIW Database Design Specialist with SQL, Java & C-Sharp can help you find employment in:
- Educational Institutes
- Insurance Companies
- State, Local, and Federal Government Agencies
- Investment Agencies
- Consulting Firms
- IT Agencies
- And other IT settings
Jobs you can begin after passing your CIW certificate exam include:
- Database Designer
- Database Analyst
- Database Design Specialist
- Database Administrator
- Database Developer
- And many more
More About the Program
The CIW database design specialist certification course at Lackawanna Colleges provides introductory vendor-neutral training for individuals planning to pursue a career in product-focused database specialization.
This course introduces you to DB2, Oracle Database 11g, MS SQL, and mySQL. You will also learn about Structured Query Language (SQL) and database optimization through normalization.
Lackawanna College’s CIW database design specialist certification is designed to prepare students for the CIW certification exam though a 15-week online course with necessary learning materials provided.
Tuition for the CIW Database Design Specialist Certification program is $3,500.
A cable or DSL internet connection is recommended for best results. It is also recommended that students have at least a basic knowledge of the purpose and function of a database before taking the course.
For best results, student’s home computers should meet the following system requirements.
Hardware minimum requirements:
- CPU: 1 GHz or higher
- RAM: 2 GB or higher
- Resolution: 1280 x 720 or higher
- Speakers / Headphones
- Microphone (for Webinar / Live Online sessions)
Operating system minimum requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher
- Latest Chrome OS
- Latest Linux Distributions
The Course Work
The goal of Lackawanna College’s CIW database design specialist certificate is to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of database design and a practical skill set to find gainful employment.
Areas of study include:
- Relational database fundamentals
- Database planning
- Database design methodology
- Optimization and normalization
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Relational algebra transactions
- Database security
Additionally, students will learn how to perform the following tasks with C#:
- Write a C# application using labels, text fields, and buttons on a form
- Write C# code using numeric and string data in variables
- Write a C# application using conditional statements and loops
- Write C# code including methods and event handlers
- Write C# code handling exceptions and validates data
- Write a C# application using date and string variables
- Add standard controls to their C# projects and create a multiform application
Students will learn how to perform the following tasks with Java:
- Write Java code using data types such as numeric, string, and date time values
- Illustrate the knowledge of variables, types, values, definitions, and objects
- Write Java code handling common errors and exceptions
- Write Java code using your own methods and modules
- Write Java code using arrays, collections, maps, and lists
- Write Java applications using conditional statements and loops
Students will learn how to perform the following tasks with SQL:
- Write queries to retrieve data from one table
- Write queries to retrieve data from more than one table
- Write queries summarizing data
- Write queries containing subqueries