School of Petroleum & Natural Gas
Open House Events
|Wed., March 15, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.||Student Shadow Day|
|Sat., March 18, 9 a.m.||Spring Open House|
Register for one of these events online now!
The Great Crew Change!
The American Petroleum Institute recently stated that an industry phenomena known as the “Great Crew Change” could see up to 50% of the oil and natural gas industry’s skilled workers retire within the next five to seven years!
Our associate degree programs answer the industry’s need for a trained work force in all sectors of the petroleum and natural gas industry. These not only include drilling and completion of wells, but also moving petroleum and natural gas to distributors for delivery to customers.
At the School of Petroleum & Natural Gas, you can choose from four nationally-recognized and industry-supported programs.
- Petroleum & Natural Gas Measurement
- Petroleum & Natural Gas Technology
- Petroleum & Natural Gas Industrial Mechanics
- Petroleum & Natural Gas Business Administration
Major E & P and Midstream companies including Cabot Oil and Gas, Chesapeake Energy, EXCO Resources, Baker Hughes, Williams, DTE Energy, Exterran, TEAM Oil Tools, Linde Corporation, Ariel Corporation, and Mid-Con Energy Partners have made significant contributions.
Hallmarks of the School’s vision include:
- A selective, competitive admissions process
- A curriculum built on petroleum, natural gas, measurement and controls, and compression engineering principles and industry direction
- To produce Petroleum Measurement and Compression Technologists and Technicians fulfilling the job market sector between typical Certificate and AAS Vo-tech programs and Petroleum Engineering Programs.
- A strong and aggressive internship and job placement program
- An administration and faculty with the academic credentials, previous industry experience, and skills to manage and support a program of the highest caliber
- High-quality and extensive lab facilities and equipment that enhance the learning experience and provide students with the hands-on practice and visual confirmation of calculations
- Prepare graduates to be effective employees from day one. 70% of our graduates are hired by major E & P, Midstream and Pipeline companies and those companies return to campus every year to hire our interns and graduates.
- To create a campus that is focused and dedicated to the oil and gas industry
- To provide industry-related activities like the student chapter of the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
View WNEP’s Power to Save spotlight on the School and its outdoor field lab: