Lackawanna College TiKTok Dance Challenge Contest
Official Contest Rules
No purchase necessary. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. Void outside the continental united states and where prohibited by law. Entrant must be 18 years of age or older as well as a united states resident at the time of entry. Standard messaging/data rates, terms and conditions may apply for entries obtained via mobile phone/device. Mobile phone/device not required to enter. Do not enter unless you are eligible (see full eligibility details in rule 1, below). By entering the Lackawanna College Dance Tik Tok Challenge (“contest”), entrant agrees to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of Lackawanna College, which shall be final in all respects.
You are providing your information to Lackawanna College and the information you provide will only be used in accordance with the Lackawanna College privacy policies, which may be found at: https://www.lackawanna.edu/privacy-policy/
Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, promoted or administered by, or associated with Tik Tok.
- ELIGIBILITY: The
Tik Tok Lackawanna College Dance Challenge Contest is organized by the
Lackawanna College Marketing and Communications Department [‘Organizer’] and is
open to all current part-time and full-time Lackawanna College Students
[‘Participant’]. The TikTok Lackawanna College Dance
is open only to legal residents of the United States, who are 18 years of age
or older at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to
participate: Lackawanna College faculty and staff, non-part-time or full-time
students or alumni who are partially or otherwise not considered currently
enrolled at Lackawanna College based on Lackawanna College enrollment
requirements, each of their respective parent companies, affiliates,
subsidiaries, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, web
masters/suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, anyone associated with
the development, implementation or execution of this Contest, and members of
the immediate families (defined as including spouse, biological, adoptive and
step- parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren, and each of
their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households
(whether related or not) of any of the above. Participation constitutes
entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and be bound by these
Official Rules and Sponsors’ decisions, which are final and binding in all
matters related to the Contest. Winning any prize is contingent upon fulfilling
all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration
and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winners are
final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. The Contest is subject
to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void
outside CA and where prohibited.
- CONTEST PERIOD: This Contest will consist of one selection for a total of 1 grand prize winner and 2 second place winners.
Contest period: The Contest entry period begins on Thursday, April 22, 2020 at 1:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. EST (the “Entry Period”). Winner Selection and Notification: There will be three (3) selections to award three (3) individual prize winners. The potential winners will be selected by the Lackawanna College Marketing and Communications Department from all eligible entries submitted in a selection taking place no later than Monday, May 11, 2020, by 4:00 p.m. EST.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, that they are 18 years of age and agree to abide by Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and legally binding in all matters related to the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER: You may enter this Contest only by posting a video on the Tik Tok platform and share the entry on your Instagram account and tagging Lackawanna College. Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED as Contest entries and shall not be eligible for the any prize. Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of entry method. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of scripts, macros or any other automated system to participate or subvert the process is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of an identity dispute, entry will be considered made by the registered owner of the TikTok account or username used for entry. Entrants entering online must have a valid Lackawanna College student email address. The Sponsors shall select a winner from the entries submitted that meet the rules requirements described herein. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged, nor will they be returned. No other forms of entry are valid.
If you choose to enter via a mobile device, STANDARD MESSAGE RATES AND DATA CHARGES APPLY. Please consult the terms and conditions of your individual service plan prior to participating via a mobile device. A mobile device is not required to enter the Contest.
- TO ENTER THIS CONTEST:
Each entrant to this Contest must first follow Lackawanna College on Tik Tok and like Lackawanna College on Instagram, located at tiktok.com/@lackawannacollege and instagram.com/lackawannaedu/. Then the entrant must upload a video to Tik Tok and share the video on their personal Instagram feed, tagging Lackawanna College. The entrant must create an original dance that will be used by the Lackawanna College mascot, Elsie. All entrants must be wearing Lackawanna College branded clothing. The dance created will be learned by the mascot and will be used for a Tik Tok Dance Challenge to be announced at a later date as determined by the Lackawanna College Marketing and Communications Department. Depending on the size of your Submission, your connection, Internet traffic, and other circumstances, your submission/upload time may take several minutes to complete.
For your video submission, the Sponsor encourages you to be innovative, creative, and clever, but please use good taste, keep the video, images, and/or artistic impression(s) (“Submissions”) free of obscenity or indecent material. Sponsor reserves the right to delete any Submissions, for any reason. Entries cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor associates. Sponsor reserves the right to monitor and will monitor or screen entries prior to approval for submission. By entering, you acknowledge that your entry may be posted on the Sponsor’s Tik Tok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter account(s) and/or website, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Submission you submit. Sponsor shall have the full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the Submissions and/or entries in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose. Online entries that are not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein, contain prohibited content or are not received during the Contest Period will be ineligible.
All Submissions must be the original work of the entrants and not violate the rights of any other party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights or rights of privacy/publicity. Submissions may not contain any of the following content as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion: (a) sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially-dangerous activity; (b) promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) is obscene or offensive, endorses any form of hate or hate group; (d) contains trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertises or promotes any brand or product of any kind, or contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, Instagram or Twitter account names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (e) defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies; (f) communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsors wish to associate; (g) contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in Web sites, television, movies or other media) without permission; (h) contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; and (i) depicts, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
By submitting a Submission you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work; (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not received previous awards; (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you have obtained permission from any third party who appears in the entry or whose name, likeness, voice or other proprietary right is used in the entry, if any; and (f) that publication of the entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party.
Any such entrant that violates the Content Requirements will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose entry includes photographs, likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including use by Sponsor(s) of such entry, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor(s), upon request, prior to award of prize. Any entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor(s), is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible. Incomplete, illegible, false, deceptive, or garbled entries are not eligible. For a video in which a person is recognizable, you must secure a model release from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian and provide it to Lackawanna College upon request. Images that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including copyright, are not eligible.
SUBMISSIONS POSTED TO TIK TOK OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS ARE NOT EDITED BY THE SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor(s) does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
LICENSE. By entering the Contest the entrant agrees that his/her Submission will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the entrant irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor(s) all of his/her right, title, and interest in and to his/her entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Entrant hereby waives in favor of Sponsor(s), all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to his/her entry. Entrant agrees that Sponsor may use the entry for any and all purposes, including, without limitation, advertising, publicizing, and promoting the business of the Sponsor, and/or the charitable, civic, and other community involvement and activities of Lackawanna College, in any and all media, including, without limitation, electronic, print, and social media, websites, television, radio, and streaming broadcasts, webcasts, and stadium scoreboards and signage, on a worldwide basis, without any additional compensation to the entrant.
Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify any Submission, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsors, the entrant shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsors, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
By submitting a Submission, Entrant agrees that the entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to the entrant. Entrant acknowledges that, by acceptance of your entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than entrant.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
7. PRIZE DETAILS: The grand prize winner shall receive one (1) Amazon.com eGift Card in the amount of $100. The Grand prize does not include any other elements, which are not expressly described above. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value if the advertised Prize or portion thereof becomes unavailable. No prize substitution (in whole or in part), cash redemption, sale, or transfer of prize permitted by the winner, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion. There shall be two (2) second-place winners and each winner shall receive an Amazon.com eGift Card in the amount of $50. If and only if the grand prize winner is not eligible to receive the grand prize, or does not qualify to receive the grand prize for any reason, the second prize winners shall both be entered into a drawing and the winner shall receive the Grand Prize and an additional winner shall be selected as a second-place winner.
Sponsor make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Contest. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. The Prize is non-transferrable. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable. All Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Winner may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, Publicity Release and other documents as requested by Sponsor prior to acceptance of the prize. Receiving the prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the Prize to an alternate potential winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY CONSENT: By participating in the Contest, entrants (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if entrants are minors who are expressly prohibited from entering) release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, Lackawanna College and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, agents, employees, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, damages or liabilities with respect to, or in any way arising from or relating to such entrant’s participation or attempt to participate in the Contest, the ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection to the Contest and/or the acceptance or use (included related travel if any) of the Prize (if applicable), including without limitation liability for personal injury, damages, death, monetary loss, defamation or violation of privacy rights. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor, or Lackawanna College Entities for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors, omissions or limitations of any Internet providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed, incomplete, inaccurate, damaged, destroyed, misdirected or not received or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of any Web site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or any Web site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized access, tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of any email or social media account used in connection with the Contest; any errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for deletion, theft or destruction of, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; causes beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules (all such entries will be disqualified); or cheating or fraud by any participant. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors, any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, site users, tampering, hacking or printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; in the announcement of the prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on any Web site. Use of any Web site is at the user’s own risk. Neither Sponsor nor Lackawanna College Entities are responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer (hardware or software) and/or other device related to or resulting from participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of any prize awarded. The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion.
By entering, entrants agree to comply with these rules. Sponsor(s) is not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest or prize is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond its control (a “Force Majeure Event”). All entrants understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state, territory, or country that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. All participating entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
By accepting the Prize, the recipient consents to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, taped, filmed or otherwise recorded image, statements and limited biographical information (city and state of residence) for publicity or advertising purposes in all media worldwide, including but not limited to social media, without limitation and without further compensation or notice.