Helping your child to decide on a college is complex, and there are so many variables to be weighed.
Lackawanna College is the right choice for a student seeking an affordable environment that has strong academics, supportive services, career-focused programs, and newly-constructed opportunities for students to reside on campus.
Students who earn their two-year degree at Lackawanna and continue on to the four-year institution of their choice graduate with an average of 40 percent less student debt. Transfer opportunities are available at a wide range of schools thanks to increased agreements with other colleges and universities, as well as the state Academic Passport program.
See if Lackawanna College is right for your son or daughter.
Paying for College
A Life-Changing College Experience
- Academic majors
- Kiesendahl School of Hospitality and Tourism
- School of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Allied Health programs
- Registrar’s Office
- Continuing Education
- Police Academy
Campus Life and Student Affairs
- Student activities
- Residence life
- Student wellness programs
- Advising and transfer services
- Academic support
- Health services
- Public safety department
- Anonymous crime reporting software
Plan Your Visit
Lackawanna College welcomes visitors to campus throughout the year. There are numerous local amenities that can help make your stay in Scranton enjoyable.
Extend Your Stay
Make the most of your visit to northeastern Pennsylvania!
- Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel – Enjoy the nostalgic charm of one of Scranton’s premier hotels, built in 1908 as a French Renaissance-style train station. Located 0.5 miles from our Scranton campus.
- Hotel Anthracite – Embrace Carbondale’s coal mining history and modern luxury. Facilities include 60+ newly appointed rooms, a fitness facility, outdoor courtyard, Kol Steakhouse (serving breakfast, lunch and dinner) and Gravity Hall (perfect for events). Located 15.6 miles from our Scranton campus; 21.3 miles from our Lake Region Center.
- Ledges Hotel – Ledges is a unique destination experience that combines architectural history, natural beauty, and handcrafted eco-conscience design in every detail. Perched over the Wallenpaupack Creek river gorge falls, this stunning hotel offers broad views of the river gorge and bluestone ledges. Ledges Hotel is a distinctive adaptive reuse of The O’Connor Glass Factory, built of hand-cut bluestone in 1890. Located 0.2 miles from our Lake Region Center.
- The Settlers Inn – An authentic 1920′s Arts & Crafts Lodge. This historic Pocono Mountains Hotel has all of the comforts of a bed and breakfast with the added convenience of a full-service farm-to-table restaurant and tavern. The Inn sits on six acres of land surrounded by artfully designed gardens and bordered by the Lackawaxen River and woodlands that contain a portion of the old Delaware & Hudson Canal. Located 1.1 miles from our Lake Region Center.
- Silver Birches – A vintage lakefront resort on the shoreline of Lake Wallenpaupack. This beautiful resort features a variety of room accommodations including rooms, suites, cottages, and houses. Open year-round, the location features our onsite restaurant The Dock on Wallenpaupack (open daily) and banquet facility, the Waterfront at Silver Birches. Located 3.2 miles from our Lake Region Center.
Send Some Love
The Falcon Ambassadors Club offers two unique ways for parents to send some love and care to their students while they’re away at Lackawanna College.
Parents can elect to send a cake prepared by students in our Culinary Arts program to mark a birthday or other special occasion, or they can send a Finals Week Survival Pack to their sons and daughters.
Proceeds from the purchase of these items benefit both the Falcon Ambassadors and the Pineapple Club for Hospitality Management and Culinary Arts students.