The Licensed Massage Therapist Program offered at the Lake Region Center and the Sunbury Center is a 720-hour, non-credit program compliant with Pennsylvania state guidelines. Students pursing the program at the Lake Region Center will experience 96 hours of supervised hands-on clinical externship at The Lodge at Woodloch in Hawley, Pa.
Students will receive instruction in massage therapy education which includes:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Allied modalities
- Massage I theory
- Massage II research
- Therapeutic / Medical massage
- Hydrotherapy / Sports massage
- Swedish massage
- Business ethics and law
Students will also receive CPR certification through the American Heart Association.
- Classes are held Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Total tuition and fees for the Massage Therapy program, including a massage table, books, licensing exam fee, CPR certification, a subscription to Massage Prep, and clinical externship total $6,995. Physical examination, background check, state license fee, and scrubs cost an additional $215.
- The length of the program will depend on your location of study. The Lake Region Center program lasts approximately 6 months, and the Sunbury Center program lasts approximately 7-8 months.
- Students must pass a physical exam, ACCUPLACER exam, and Pennsylvania criminal background check.
- According to the U.S. Department of Labor, massage therapists can earn up to $39,990 per year, and the field is expected to grow by 26% through 2026.
- After successful completion of the program, students are eligible to take the MBLEx (Massage and Bodywork Licensing Exam) through the Federation of State Massage Therapy Board.
- Licensed graduates may seek employment in spas, rehab clinics, hospitals, hotels and resorts, cruise ships, sports facilities, chiropractic practices, health and wellness centers, long-term care facilities, or in private practices.
- Financial aid is available to eligible applicants.
Explore Lackawanna. Search by career, interest or program.