Cannabis Business Development
Lackawanna College is closely tracking coronavirus (COVID-19) and working to mitigate potential risks. The safety of students — both current and future —is a top priority. Out of an abundance of caution, all Cannabis Business Development programs are postponed and alternative dates will be announced. Check back for updated dates and information.
The Lackawanna College Cannabis Business Development (CBD) certificate program is an intensive executive-type three-day course that will prepare individuals who are working in, or who would like to enter, the cannabis industry. After successful completion of the program, students will receive a CBD certificate from Lackawanna College.
Participants will receive basic cannabis knowledge and hands-on extraction experience from respected experts in the field.
Students will receive instruction in:
- cannabis history
- cannabis compliance
- cultivation and extraction
- marketing and brand development
- extraction, distillation, and isolation
All Cannabis Business Development programs are postponed.
1300 Old Plank Rd.
Jermyn, PA 18433
- Tuition for the program is a non-refundable upfront fee of $3,995. A hotel room will be provided at an additional cost.
- After successful completion of the program, students will receive a CBD certificate from Lackawanna College.
- Licensed graduates can seek employment in areas of the industry such as growing, extraction, edibles production, packaging, delivery, or dispensing.
- Apply now to earn your cannabis business development certificate!
Embrace Carbondale’s coal mining history and modern luxury. Facilities include 60+ newly appointed rooms, a fitness facility, outdoor courtyard, Kol Steakhouse (serving breakfast, lunch and dinner) and Gravity Hall (perfect for events).
Call (570) 536-6020 for availability.
Dan Summa is the founder and CEO of AgriHemp Industries. He has led the development of startups for over 30 years and has built or been an advisor to several successful companies.
These companies include:
- SECCAS: A Sarbox compliance company sold to SilverSky, a Goldman Sachs backed security company.
- Knovel: An engineering information company sold to Reed Elsevier.
- Readability: Named the Best New Web Product of 2009 by the New York Times, Readability was sold to SFX Entertainment, and most recently to Kindling – an innovation software company backed by Milestone Venture Partners – which was later sold to Spigit.
Dan is the Executive Director of the U.S. Ecological Advanced Research & Conservation Hub (USEARCH), which is focused on research around agricultural technologies and derived products. Dan also serves as a consultant on technology related to plant growth for the State Department of Agriculture.
Dan’s vision for a vertically integrated hemp company has resulted in the creation for AgriHemp Industries.
Ryan Hedrick has six years of experience working within the commercial cannabis industry and serves as Head of Extraction for AgriHemp Industries. Ryan has experience in serving both the medical and recreational market in Colorado, California, Arizona, Washington, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Illinois and Canada. Ryan specializes is in the highest quality cultivation and extraction procedures available utilizing turnkey extraction and distillation equipment, a vast genetic library and proprietary cultivation and processing techniques.
Brittany Camac is a seasoned cannabis professional proficient in cannabis compliance. With over six years operating in the cannabis space, Brittany has worked in both the recreational and medical landscapes for not only large corporate and publicly traded entities, but also with family-owned startups and small businesses. Monitoring overall cannabis compliance in all areas of operational settings, from dispensaries, to grows and extraction labs, Brittany is skilled in the small details that encompass cannabis compliance. Camac is a passionate cannabis advocate and active member of the cannabis industry. As a Delaware county native, Brittany is eager to bring her knowledge and expertise to the emerging and growing market in Pennsylvania.
Explore Lackawanna. Search by career, interest or program.