2020 Design Contest
Announcing the Lackawanna College Phi Beta Lambda T-Shirt Design Contest!
Current and incoming Lackawanna students and alumni are invited to submit their designs for the first-ever Lackawanna College T-Shirt Design Contest.
The winning design will be reproduced on t-shirts and sold in the PBL Spirit Store and on lackawannaedu.redbubble.com.
The winning designer will receive a $100 Visa gift card, an official Lackawanna College T-Shirt Contest Winner Certificate, and 1 free t-shirt and 1 free sweatshirt featuring the winning design. Finalists will receive one free t-shirt featuring their design entry.
Who may enter
Full- and part-time, regularly-enrolled Lackawanna College students and College alumni may submit an entry. Each student or graduate is limited to two entries per year.
- Design contest begins on Monday, May 4, 2020
- All entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm, Wednesday, May 20, 2020.
- All qualifying entries will be displayed on the main Lackawanna College Facebook page at www.facebook.com/lackawanna beginning Monday, May 25, 2020.
- Contest Finalists will be chosen by the PBL faculty advisor, PBL student officers, and the Office of Marketing and Communications. The complete list of Finalists will be announced Monday, May 25, 2020.
- Online voting will take place from Monday, May 25, to Friday, June 5, 2020, and will be determined by the number of “like” reactions each design received.
- Additional Facebook reactions including but not limited to “love,” “haha,” “wow,” “sad,” and “angry” will not be counted as official votes.
- The winning design will be announced on Monday, June 8, 2020.
- The winning design will be featured on t-shirts available for purchase in the PBL Spirit Store and at lackawannaedu.redbubble.com beginning Summer II in July 2020.
With the exception of the images provided in the Logo & Mascot Downloads Library, all designs must be your original art or design work. By entering the contest, you are representing that your submission is your own original work and that it does not infringe upon the copyright or intellectual property rights of others.
The objective is to create interesting, new t-shirt designs. It is not to reinvent or redesign any official Lackawanna College wordmark, logos, or mascot.
Designs may include the letters “LC” or “Lackawanna College” in alternative styles, fonts, and colors – you are not limited to using the official Lackawanna logotypes. However, any alternative version of the letters “LC” or “Lackawanna College” must
- be significantly different from any official Lackawanna College logo, and
- always read from left to right or top to bottom.
Designs may include original illustrations of a real falcon but may not include character falcons or mascots other than the official Lackawanna College mascot characters provided in the Logo & Mascot Downloads Library.
The use of any of the Lackawanna College logos or designs provided in the Logo & Mascot Downloads Library is optional. However, if you do choose to include an element from the Logo & Mascot Downloads Library, it must be used exactly as provided without any alteration whatsoever to color, outline, fill, or any other aspect. Please note that Lackawanna College athletics marks may be “texturized,” as long as the original shape and structure of these marks remain intact.
Use of any official Lackawanna College logo or mark other than those provided in the Lackawanna College Logo & Mascot Downloads Library is prohibited.
Designs may include original illustrations of the Lackawanna College campus and buildings.
All designs must include “LC,” “Lackawanna,” or “Lackawanna College” in some form.
- Designs may contain up to a maximum of four solid colors. The use of gradients is prohibited, and the use of textures should be limited to no more than four solid colors.
- Designs may not feature blues or reds as prominent colors that are not part of the official Lackawanna College color palette.
- Designs may NOT include
- Mash-ups, parodies, or references to colleges or institutions other than Lackawanna College.
- Adult references such as sex, drug use, profanity, gambling, or the like.
- Any elements that incorporate the copyright, trademark, or intellectual property of any third party.
- Any images of or references to any individual, living or dead.
- The College reserves the right to correct all use of colors to official Lackawanna College colors to best represent the institution
- Only two entries per person, maximum.
- All submissions will be screened by PBL faculty advisors, student officers, and the Office of Marketing and Communications for adherence to rules. This group reserves the right to reject any entry for non-compliance with the Rules, and also to make changes to the winning design before printing, including image size or print color, or addition of trademark indicators.
- The group reserves the right to disqualify any entry if we find irregularities that appear to indicate manipulation of the scoring system during voting.
- By submitting your design, you grant permission for your design and your name to be used for the purposes of promotion and marketing.
To submit your entry
- Entries must be submitted either via email to email@example.com.
- Designs should fit within a rectangle that is 17 inches high and 14 inches wide.
- Only front-of-shirt designs are eligible. No back or sleeve designs will be permitted.
- A completed Submission Form must accompany all design entries.
- Create a high-resolution version (600 pixels per inch) of your design at the intended printing size. Keep all layers separate.
- Create a 150 dpi flattened copy of your design
- Before emailing your entry, ensure that it is 1650 x 1688 pixels and 150 dpi in RGB mode
- Convert all type into outlines
- Save your design as an Illustrator .ai file.
- Export the entire file as a PNG with the following settings: Quality = 10, Color Model = CMYK, Resolution Depth = medium
Prepare your art at 100% of the size you intend it to be printed on the t-shirt
Scan or photograph your entry and submit the largest file or photo possible
Clearly mark the back of your entry with your contact info (name, email, phone) as well as which color template you wish to use (black, white, blue, or grey)
NOTE: Any hand-drawn entries that are selected as finalists will be recreated as a vector drawing to the best of the abilities of the Office of Marketing and Communications to ensure the highest printing quality possible.
By entering, contestants warrant that each submission is their own original creation and that no entry infringes on another contestant or person’s rights. Any use of any photo, drawing, images, or elements created by any other person is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification. The right to use of Lackawanna College logos or trademarks owned by Lackawanna College is limited to this Contest and Lackawanna College logos or trademarks may not be used for any other purpose.
Designs that are considered offensive or defamatory or in violation of any person’s right to privacy or other personal rights are not welcome. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Entries may not include:
- profanity, nudity or material deemed inappropriate or offensive to the judges;
- false or defamatory statements about any person or any third party;
- third party trademarks which suggest affiliation with any trademark owner without permission of such owner or that dilute the value of any trademark;
- obscene, indecent, violent, sexually explicit, abusive, discriminatory, racially inflammatory or other morally or legally objectionable depictions of material, in the opinion of the judges.
If an entry includes any of the prohibited elements listed above, the entry will be disqualified, along with the contestant who submitted it.
Lackawanna College has exclusive rights to reproduce and use. Entries become the property of Lackawanna College and none will be returned or acknowledged except as provided herein. Submission of an entry grants Lackawanna College and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free license and right to publish, use, edit, adapt, modify and/or publicly perform the entry in any way, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed, without limitation and without notice or consideration of the contestant.
By submitting an entry, each contestant in the Contest further agrees that their entry constitutes an assignment of all rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, and title in and to such entry and the photograph therein to Sponsor. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
Upon submission, you agree to forfeit any ownership and are prohibited from the independent reproduction or sale of any images. By virtue of a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license for the designs granted by all finalists chosen prior to the voting process, Lackawanna College shall have the right to edit, adapt, print (as on apparel) and publish any or all of the designs deemed finalist, and may use them in any media and/or the promotion of Lackawanna College without compensation to the contestant, their successors or assigns, or any other entity.
Lackawanna College maintains the rights to receive all proceeds from the sale of any merchandise using the submitted artwork, without fee or other form of compensation due at any time to the contestant. Designs will be credited to the artist on the PBL Redbubble storefront and in all promotions relevant to that product. Upon discovery of any plagiarised material or design elements, Lackawanna College may disqualify that design and will discontinue use.
The Grand Prize Winner and Finalists will be notified by e-mail or called. You are not a certified winner until your eligibility is verified and you receive official notification from the judging organization. If two or more persons work together and submit the one winning entry, the prize(s) will be split equally among the contestants named on the winning entry.