Cannabis Business Development Certificate Program
The Cannabis Business Development (CBD) certificate program is an intensive executive-type three-day course that will prepare individuals who are working in, or who would like to enter, the cannabis industry.
Participants will receive basic cannabis knowledge and hands-on extraction experience from respected experts in the field.
Students will receive instruction in:
- cannabis history
- cannabis compliance
- cultivation and extraction
- marketing and brand development
- extraction, distillation, and isolation
|Nov. 15-17||NEET Center|
1300 Old Plank Rd.
Jermyn, PA 18433
|8 a.m.-4 p.m.||$3,995|
Embrace Carbondale’s coal mining history and modern luxury. Facilities include 60+ newly appointed rooms, a fitness facility, outdoor courtyard, Kol Steakhouse (serving breakfast, lunch and dinner) and Gravity Hall (perfect for events).
Call (570) 536-6020 for availability.
- Tuition for the program is a non-refundable upfront fee of $3,995. A hotel room will be provided at an additional cost.
- After successful completion of the program, students will receive a CBD certificate from Lackawanna College.
- Licensed graduates can seek employment in areas of the industry such as growing, extraction, edibles production, packaging, delivery, or dispensing.
Dan Summa is the founder and CEO of AgriHemp Industries. He has led the development of startups for over 30 years and has built or been an advisor to several successful companies.
These companies include:
- SECCAS: A Sarbox compliance company sold to SilverSky, a Goldman Sachs backed security company.
- Knovel: An engineering information company sold to Reed Elsevier.
- Readability: Named the Best New Web Product of 2009 by the New York Times, Readability was sold to SFX Entertainment, and most recently to Kindling – an innovation software company backed by Milestone Venture Partners – which was later sold to Spigit.
Dan is the Executive Director of the U.S. Ecological Advanced Research & Conservation Hub (USEARCH), which is focused on research around agricultural technologies and derived products. Dan also serves as a consultant on technology related to plant growth for the State Department of Agriculture.
Dan’s vision for a vertically integrated hemp company has resulted in the creation for AgriHemp Industries.
Ryan Hedrick has six years of experience working within the commercial cannabis industry and serves as Head of Extraction for AgriHemp Industries. Ryan has experience in serving both the medical and recreational market in Colorado, California, Arizona, Washington, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Illinois and Canada. Ryan specializes is in the highest quality cultivation and extraction procedures available utilizing turnkey extraction and distillation equipment, a vast genetic library and proprietary cultivation and processing techniques.
Brittany Camac is a seasoned cannabis professional proficient in cannabis compliance. With over six years operating in the cannabis space, Brittany has worked in both the recreational and medical landscapes for not only large corporate and publicly traded entities, but also with family-owned startups and small businesses. Monitoring overall cannabis compliance in all areas of operational settings, from dispensaries, to grows and extraction labs, Brittany is skilled in the small details that encompass cannabis compliance. Camac is a passionate cannabis advocate and active member of the cannabis industry. As a Delaware county native, Brittany is eager to bring her knowledge and expertise to the emerging and growing market in Pennsylvania.
Michael Pappalardo is AgriHemp Industries Chief Scientist and along with Dan Summa one of its founders. Michael has extensive experience working in the pharmaceutical industry and with CBD and THC Oils. Among his key accomplishments are: Extended Solubility Patent, Anti retro virals development, OTC development, Oncology Development. 3rd Party liaison.
Within major pharmaceutical organizations he has been responsible for: SOD Product Line extensions, Chewable children’s, APAP OTC/ Loperimide combo. Liquids Development. Patent assessments and recommendations to Sr. Mgt. , Manage generic R&D activities/Timelines, Co-ANDA compiler, Manage P4 and 1st wave launches. Head of all US Generic API and FD activities for Hetero India, International transfer of 9 OTC Products Mfg. in India, Imported into the US for Distribution. 350% growth over 6 year period. Strategic Global initiative coordinator and FDA/ DEA liaison.
He oversaw and managed initial Coatings/ Polymers entry into US market. All of this has prepared him well to create products for the CBD marketplace.
In addition to his work accomplishment Michael is the:
- Author/ Instructor Colorcon Coating School, Equipment and Troubleshooting.
- Initiator of Evonik’s Modified Release seminars and in-house short-course Program.
- Instructor- U of Memphis Pharma CEU program, Partical Coating and Taste-Masking technologies.
- Professional events speaker- NJPHAST, CPHII, AAPS, Excipientfest and Custom designed in-House programs for R&D and Ops at Big Pharma.
- Strategic Initiative/ efficiencies Consultancies- Designed, coached and initiated “Perspectives” Program for European Pharma Company, Technical and Business consultancy with Indian Startups in the US including Regulatory, Development and Transfer initiatives.
- Industry Expertise- Tablet and Coating Technologies, Modified release, Liquid filled softgels, and 2 piece hard shell caps, Taste-masking, Wet Granulation, ANDA process, Patent Circumvention, Project Management, International Development/ Tech Transfers and Logistics