Associate in Arts in Professional Studies
The building blocks of education begin with a Professional Studies degree. This two-year associate degree includes studies in the classics – writing, speaking, and arithmetic. Students will choose a number of liberal arts courses from the humanities, social sciences, business and math, and science divisions to create a well-rounded program that suits their professional needs.
A Professional Studies major will:
- Demonstrate analytical and creative reasoning skills in a broad range of liberal studies
- Provide students with a program that allows for interdisciplinary studies
- Demonstrate quantitative and/or analytical problem-solving skills
- Effectively communicate ideas through written expression
- Integrate multi-disciplinary course offerings as a plan to develop themselves as a whole
- Demonstrate the ability to provide works on subjects relating to human existence: social, political, philosophical, technological, and cultural through selected areas of study
The Professional Studies major is part of Lackawanna’s Accelerated Part-Time program, which allows students to obtain an associate degree in a little over two years on a part-time basis.
Professional Studies degrees are offered in Scranton, Hawley, Hazleton, Sunbury, and Towanda. This degree can also be completed entirely online.