The Lackawanna College Cyber Security program is an exclusively online degree completion program for college-ready students who want to enter this exciting and cutting-edge field.
With the emergence of information technology in our modern world, the threat of
Lackawanna College has devised a holistic cyber security curriculum which ensures our graduates will obtain the necessary skills to combat cyber threats and meet workforce demand.
Our program was carefully constructed for
- The Cyber Security associate degree program can be considered a computer science degree with an emphasis on security.
- Through a diverse curriculum, students will learn how
cyber securityis implemented in career-related skills like operating systems, networking, programming, and databases.
- To reduce
text bookand software licenses costs, students will leverage free open source software and its associated documentation.
- Internships will offer students the hands-on experience they need to succeed in both the classroom and
- Graduates from the Cyber Security associate degree program are ready to obtain an entry-level information technology job and/or transfer their credits for continuing education. Because this program covers the main computer science components, it exposes the student to various career opportunities including network architecture, software development, and database or system administration.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that employment for Information Security Analysts is expected to grow 28% from 2016 to 2026.
- The median annual wage for Information Security Analysts was $95,510 in May 2017.