Associate in Science in Hospitality Management
The Hospitality Management degree program is designed for students who would like to enter the field of hospitality and tourism. The program will exemplify and promote inventiveness, opportunity, and distinctive leadership in the hospitality industry by applying a guest-centered philosophy to the operation, communication, marketing, management, and advancement of the hospitable experience.
- Prepare for a managerial position in the hospitality industry including hotels, restaurants, resorts and private clubs by applying fundamental management theories and skills specific to the hospitality field.
- Develop a basic culinary skill set that will enable students to manage employees in both the front and back of the house.
- To effectively execute the proficiencies needed for success as a hospitality executive: human resource management, marketing, excellent customer service relations, strategic branding and business management, and food and beverage financial management.
- To apply knowledge of lodging, food, and beverage (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) in a professional setting in order to best create a desirable guest experience aimed to elevate firm and to provide unparalleled guest satisfaction.
- To emerge as an agent of change in the hospitality industry armed with a working knowledge of sustainability, equipped to enhance and nourish the social, environmental and economic forces within the hospitality and tourism fields.
This degree program is offered at our Scranton campus and Lake Region Center.