Baking & Pastry
The Baking and Pastry degree will prepare students for success in the booming professional baking, pastry and confection industry.
- Students enrolled in the Baking & Pastry associate’s degree will learn to master classical and contemporary skills and techniques needed to thrive in business.
- Study will be given to kitchen and business skills specific to the industry so that our students can demonstrate mastery of the creative and managerial elements of the professional pastry business.
- The Baking and Pastry degree is designed to prepare students for a wide variety of careers including entrepreneur, executive pastry chef, wedding cake designer, chocolatier and other exciting jobs in the professional baking, pastry, and confection industry.
- Prepare students for a career in the professional baking, pastry, chocolate, and confection industries.
- Understand the role the patisserie plays in the professional foodservice industry.
- Apply current health and nutritional topics to classical and contemporary recipes
- Apply the theories, skills, and values of the professional baking, pastry, and confection kitchen to segments of the industry.
- Merge business and technical skills in order to create desirable products and services that yield maximum profits.
This degree will be offered exclusively at our main campus in Scranton.