Health Sciences Programs
Aligned with the mission of Lackawanna College, the mission of the Division of Health Sciences is to facilitate integrative healthcare to better serve the community through high ethical standards and excellent, affordable education.
- Prepare safe and competent caregivers (healthcare professionals).
- Prepare entry-level practitioners who invest in their communities.
- Provide selected training for specific Health Sciences programs that meet employer/employment needs, leading to excellent job placement for our Health Sciences students.
- Meet and maintain accreditation requirements for each specific Health Sciences program.
- Collaborate to strengthen current programs and to develop future programs to improve the quality of healthcare in our communities.
We are the model, leading by example, of the core values statement for those with whom we work and with whom we teach.
- Empathy /Advocacy
- Pursuit of Excellence
- Ethics – Professionalism
- Fiscal Integrity
- Mutual Respect for All
Lackawanna College offers a wide variety of associate degrees and an exclusively online bachelor’s degree program as part of its health sciences degree programs. These competitive programs will provide you with cutting-edge education and assurance that, upon successful completion, you will graduate with the ability to secure a high-paying job in the medical field.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant ^
- Sonography/ Ultrasound (Cardiac, Diagnostic Medical, or Vascular)
- Surgical Technology *
*Denotes Associate in Applied Science
^Denotes a program with a selective rolling admissions process
Admittance into the Division of Health Sciences programs at Lackawanna College is based on a selective admissions process with each health sciences program having their own specific requirements. For further information, please refer to individual health sciences program pages.
Health Sciences | Certificate Programming
The College also offers a variety of competitive certificate programming at our Scranton campus and three satellite centers. Choose from:
Visit Continuing Education for information on non-credit Health Sciences certificates offered at our satellite centers.