The Lackawanna College RN-to-BSN program is an exclusively online degree completion program for licensed registered nurses (RNs) who want to expand their education and career options.
Students will build on previous learning from their entry-into-practice programs to achieve end-of-program outcomes based on the American Association of Colleges of Nursing’s (AACN) Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice, as well as the American Nurses Associations’ (ANA) Scope and Standards of Practice.
Learners benefit from a dynamic curriculum which is responsive to the changing landscape of the nursing profession.
- Tuition for this program is $299 per credit. Additional fees may apply.
- Learners will receive 41 credits for possession of an active RN license.
- Additional transfer credits are evaluated on an individual basis.
- One hundred twenty (120) total program credits are required for the BSN.
- Classes are completely conducted online with no need to travel to any Lackawanna College campus or center.
- Program can be completed in an accelerated format.
- Classes are offered year-round.
- The U.S. Department of Labor reports that employment of registered nurses is projected to grow 15 percent from 2016 to 2026.
- The median annual wage for registered nurses was $70,000 in May 2017, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The Institute of Medicine has also noted that as patient needs and care environments have become more complex, nurses must endeavor to expand competencies needed to deliver high-quality care.
- Competencies in the areas of leadership, health policy, system improvement, research and evidence-based practice, and teamwork and collaboration, as well as competency in specific content areas such as community and public health and geriatrics are the foundations of the Lackawanna College program.
This degree is offered exclusively online.
National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA)
The Lackawanna College RN-BSN (via distance education) program holds pre-accreditation status from the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation, located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, 20037. Holding pre-accreditation status does not guarantee that initial accreditation by NLN CNEA will be received.