Lackawanna College’s Training Institute allows us to serve the needs of our community and put qualified individuals back to work.
Our continuing partnership with CareerLink has helped provide educational opportunities for non-traditional students whose goal is to re-enter the workforce.
The partnership has culminated in the creation of the college’s Employment Training Institute, an industry-driven education program that offers competitive pre-employment training and provides employers with a pool of certified applicants capable of meeting the demands of a rewarding career.
Many courses can be conducted at the college or on-site at a company’s facility. There are also opportunities for students to receive certifications online.
- Administrative Office Professional
- CDL Training
- Certified Bookkeeper Program
- Clerical Office Administration with Certification
- CNC Machinist (1 year)
- CNC Training (6 months)
- CompTIA IT Healthcare Technician Program
- Customer Service Training
- GED to Job Ready
- GED to Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
- Hospitality Certification
- Information Management Technician
- Information Management with Medical Billing Certification
- Medical Billing and Coding Certification Program
- Medical Office Assistant / Clinical Technician
- Medical Office Skills / Clinical Technician
- Medical Scribe Certification Program
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Program
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Lab Technician
The Training Institute at Lackawanna College now offers online certifications in high-priority occupations. Online certifications make your professional development accessible and easy, and courses start throughout the year.
Training is now available online in areas including:
- Accounting and finance
- Allied Health
- Business and leadership
- Career and hospitality
- Criminal justice and legal
- Education and personal development
- Green and renewable energy
- Industrial and skilled trades
- Multimedia and graphic design
- Programming and web applications
- Spanish in the workplace
- Technology and computer programs