The Licensed Massage Therapist Program offered at the Lake Region Center is a 720-hour, non-credit program compliant with Pennsylvania state guidelines that includes 96 hours of supervised hands-on clinical externship at The Lodge at Woodloch in Hawley, Pa.
Students will receive instruction in massage therapy education which includes:
- Massage and bodywork assessment and application
- Professional ethics
- Anatomy and physiology
- Best business practices
Students will also receive CPR certification through the American Heart Association.
- Total tuition and fees for the Massage Therapy program, including a massage table, books, licensing exam fee, CPR certification, a subscription to Massage Prep, and clinical externship total $5,995. Physical examination, background check, state license fee, and scrubs cost an additional $215.
- The program lasts approximately 9 months.
- Students must pass a physical exam, ACCUPLACER exam, and Pennsylvania criminal background check.
- According to the U.S. Department of Labor, massage therapists can earn up to $19.17 per hour or $39,860 per year, and the field is expected to grow by 22% through 2024.
- After successful completion of the program, students are eligible to take the MBLEx (Massage and Bodywork Licensing Exam) through the state board of massage therapy to obtain their license.
- Licensed graduates may seek employment in spas, rehab clinics, hospitals, cruise ships, hotels, chiropractic practices, health and wellness centers, or in private practices.
- Financial aid is available to eligible applicants.
The program consists of five modules of five weeks each, plus an externship.
Classes are held Tuesday through Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Massage therapy theory: 60 clock hours
- Anatomy and Physiology: 60 clock hours
- Swedish massage: 60 clock hours
- Kinesiology: 72 clock hours
- Pathology: 72 clock hours
- Hydrotherapy and sports massage: 60 clock hours
- Law, business, and ethics: 48 clock hours
- Allied modalities: 60 clock hours
- Therapeutic and medical massage: 96 clock hours
- Massage review: 24 clock hours