Lackawanna College’s GED Testing Center is open every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Saturday-only testing is available June 20 through Aug. 29, 2016. Regular testing hours will resume on Friday, Sept. 2, 2016. The Center will not be open on holidays. In case of a weather or another related emergency, please call (570) 961-7899 to confirm that College is open.
Testing Center Hours
- Thursdays, 3-9 p.m.
- Fridays and Saturdays, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
About the Test
The new GED format is computer-based. A student can complete their GED testing in a one-day, six-hour period. A complete GED Test consists of 4 sections: Math (95 min), Language Arts (155 min), Science (95 min) and Social Studies (95 min). A student may register for multiple sections or an entire test on any testing date. If you schedule more than one subject in the same day, you will not receive a lunch break automatically. To schedule a lunch break, schedule each subject separately so you have time between tests.
- All students must schedule and pay for testing through www.ged.com
- On the day of the test, please arrive at the testing center (Lackawanna College Angeli Hall, 501 Vine Street, Scranton, Room 318) at least 15 minutes early.
- Have valid Pennsylvania Photo Identification with you. If you do not possess a valid PA ID, you must have a valid Passport, VISA, or other Photo ID along with 2 proofs of PA residency (example: utility bill, rent receipt).
- Any student not confirmed on the Testing Site roster will not be able to test.
The cost of an entire four-section test is $120. Individual sections are $30 each. All testing fees must be pre-paid upon registration at www.ged.com. Lackawanna College does not collect testing fees.
Lackawanna College reserves the right to deny testing to any candidate who arrives more than 15 minutes late.