Even though Lackawanna College features an "‘open enrollment policy" there are several steps each applicant must complete to gain acceptance. The application process involves completing the following procedures:
- Submit an Application for Admission with a non-refundable $35 application fee payable to Lackawanna College.
- Submit an official high school transcript or official GED (diploma or scores). If currently a high school senior, the applicant may be accepted, but must ensure that his/her final transcript is on file no later than thirty (30) days following graduation.
- Official SAT/ACT Test Scores - Although not required for acceptance to Lackawanna College, standardized test scores will be evaluated for placement purposes. Students who have earned acceptable scores in all sections of the SAT will not be required to take the College’s placement exams. Alternatively, students who have not achieved these scores or have not taken the SAT’s will be required to take the placement exam.
- Official College Transcript(s) - If the applicant has completed college level courses through dual enrollment or other pre-college program(s) as a high school student, it is the responsibility of the applicant to request transcripts for review. Applicants that were enrolled as degree seeking students at another college/university should follow the policies listed on the Transfer Requirements page to the left.
- Complete an Admissions Interview - After submitting a college application, a Lackawanna College admissions advisor will contact each applicant to schedule their interview date. The admissions interview will allow each candidate to visit campus, determine individual educational goals, complete placement testing (if required) and to finalize all enrollment requirements.
Applicants will not be officially accepted to the college until they complete all of the above mentioned admissions requirements.
Once an applicant has completed all of their admissions requirements, an official acceptance letter will be issued. At this time each prospective student wishing to confirm their enrollment to the college must submit a non-refundable Commitment Fee ($80 for commuters/$355 for residents). This commitment fee will guarantee a place in the freshman class and allow for further processing of enrollment and financial aid paperwork.