Qualifications for Graduation
- Student must have completed all the stated requirements of their chosen curriculum, current curriculum requirements withstanding.
- A Cumulative Quality Point Index of 2.0 or greater must be achieved.
- All financial obligations to the College must be settled.
- Students must complete portfolio and graduation application processing.
- Commencement exercises take place each year in May at the conclusion of the Spring Semester.
- Graduation requirements can be and often are fulfilled at the end of a Fall or Summer session. Students who complete degree or certificate requirements at the end of a Fall or Summer Semester are entitled to participate in graduation exercises the following May, all procedures for applying withstanding.
- Students can apply for graduation in their Capstone class during their last semester.
- Applications not submitted in Capstone can be subject to a $150 late fee
- Students who meet graduation requirements but do not apply for graduation will not be listed in the graduation roster nor will completion of degree be indicated on the student transcript. No diploma will be issued for students who do not apply for graduation. The application and portfolio processes are required for graduation.
- Students completing one associate degree who decide to apply for a second associate degree must complete a minimum of 15 additional credit hours at the College.
- If the student applies for graduation under both majors during the same academic year, the student will receive one diploma with both degrees listed.
- Students completing an associate degree who decide to apply for an additional certificate must complete a minimum of 8 additional credit hours at the College.
- A fee of $20 will be assessed for the second diploma, as an associate degree and a certificate cannot be listed on the same document.
The graduation program and the degree or certificate issued to the student will indicate scholastic honors as follows:
- Summa cum laude (with highest honors) 3.90 – 4.00 CQPI
- Magna cum laude (with high honors) 3.80 – 3.89 CQPI
- Cum laude (with honors) 3.70-3.79 CQPI