The management tract of the Business Administration curriculum has been designed for students desiring to acquire a broad background in business, commerce and industry. The program is particularly recommended for students preparing for a supervisory or marketing position. Students contemplating transfer to a four-year institution and planning to major in a business-related discipline also frequently follow this curriculum.
Business Administration students will:
- Prepare for a career in business management by applying fundamental management theories and techniques that illustrate their application.
- Identify the financial reporting and tracking systems most commonly utilized by companies today.
- Analyze business promotion through advertising, marketing, textbook study, field trips, and team projects.
- Identify all aspects of the employment process, including interviewing, hiring, determination of benefit packages, evaluation, voluntary and involuntary termination, and severance plans.
- Recognize the global perspective on business principles and practices by investigating multi-national and foreign companies and markets.
- Use technology to sharpen skills through study of management information systems, macro-economics, and statistics.
Essential Business Skills
- Master management theories and techniques and apply them to today’s business environment
- Become proficient in reading and interpreting financial data as these apply to a firm’s profitability
- Learn the technique of writing a marketing plan and presenting it before team stakeholders
- Become skilled in interviewing and putting together incentive packages to draw the best and the brightest to a company
- Be attuned to the new “global economy,”demonstrate sensitivity to diverse cultures, and master techniques that will help a domestic company start to compete internationally
- Learn best methods of assimilating information and transforming it into verbal and statistical reports essential for managers
- Master E-Commerce concepts and skills and apply them liberally
The Business Administration major is part of Lackawanna’s Accelerated Part-Time program, which allows students to obtain an associate degree in a little over two years on a part-time basis.