In 2017, Lackawanna College began offering its first bachelor’s degree in its 122-year history. Our Business bachelor’s degree expands upon Lackawanna’s roots as the Lackawanna Business College as it prepares students for success in the 21st century.
Students enrolled in the Business bachelor’s of science degree will be able to take advantage of the same unparalleled academic and extracurricular services that are hallmarks of the College history in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- The Business bachelor’s degree will allow current students in our Business Administration associate degree program to transfer directly into the bachelor’s degree program in Fall 2017.
- Students currently enrolled in Accounting, Business Studies, and Sport Management associate degree programs can also transfer into the Business bachelor’s degree program. Some additional courses may be required.
- Flexible scheduling including Summer Session and Intersession courses can accelerate your path to graduation. Some students will be able to earn their bachelor’s degree in just three years at Lackawanna.
- Our bachelor’s degree is designed to prepare students for a wide variety of careers ranging from accountants, auditors, and budget analysts to human resources specialists and personal financial advisors.
- The median wage for business and financial occupations was $66,530 in May 2016, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The job outlook for business and financial occupations calls for up to 30% job growth from 2014-2024, according to BLS.
- The College is committed to offering an affordable, local option for students from NEPA and beyond to earn their bachelor’s degree.
- Through a diverse curriculum, students will not only learn career-related skills like management, business law, and accounting. Our well-rounded approach to developing the Business bachelor’s degree will produce dynamic graduates and career-ready employees.
- Internships will offer students the real-world experience they need to succeed after graduation.
Students enrolled in the Business bachelor’s degree will:
- Prepare for a career in business leadership by applying fundamental management theories and techniques through project-based coursework and internship opportunities.
- Comprehend and interpret financial data to determine profitability, productivity, and strategic planning.
- Analyze business promotion through advertising, marketing, customer service, and core goals of consumer industries.
- Identify all aspects of the employment process.
- Recognize the global perspective on business principles and practices.
- Use technology to sharpen skills through the study of data, management information systems, macroeconomics, and statistics.
This degree will be offered exclusively at our main campus in Scranton.