An innovative degree you can count on!
Beginning in Fall 2018, Lackawanna College will expand its bachelor’s degree options to include a degree in Accounting.
The Bachelor of Science in Accounting provides students with an in-depth education in business fundamentals, accounting principles, communication skills, and real-world experiences. An emphasis is placed on critical thinking and problem-solving skills with exposure to current software used in the profession.
Opportunities to complete purposeful and valuable internships while studying at Lackawanna give our students an advantage after graduation.
- The Accounting bachelor’s degree has been developed to be fully-aligned with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ (AICPA) Uniform CPA Examination Blueprints, ensuring that our students will have the knowledge and skills needed to successfully complete the exams necessary to become a CPA in Pennsylvania.
- Our innovative program offers exciting courses that will give our students a look at cutting-edge technology and advances in the field of accounting.
- This program prepares students for entry into various specializations of accounting including public, corporate, governmental, managerial, and tax. As “the language of business,” a degree in accounting also prepares students for careers in management, consulting, law, and entrepreneurship.
- Students will be prepared to pursue further studies in graduate programs such as the Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Accountancy (MAcc), or Law School.
Students enrolled in the Accounting bachelor’s degree will:
- Demonstrate a mastery of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Define fundamental business principles through the study of business ethics, fraud prevention, law, management, economics, and computer technology.
- Recognize the importance of ethical behavior and professional responsibilities of those in the accounting profession and business as a whole.
- Analyze the legal implications of business transactions, particularly as they relate to accounting, auditing, and financial reporting.
- Prepare for a career in accounting through critical thinking and hands on applications in coursework, combined with the completion of internship opportunities.
This degree will be offered exclusively at our main campus in Scranton.