Recreation and Sport Management
The Recreation and Sport Management degree program prepares students to provide recreational services and guidance to public, for-profit, and not-for-profit organizations that include sport and fitness programs as well as park management. Students will find employment in a variety of recreation-related fields.
- Prepare for a career in recreation and sport management by practicing fundamental management theories and techniques that illustrate their application.
- Analyze tourist-related industries focusing on managerial tasks and business skills required to delivering commercial and leisure services to the consumer.
- Analyze sport promotion, advertising, and marketing though textbook study, field trips, and team projects.
- Recognize the historical, cultural, and sociological factors underlying the evolution of organized sports in the United States and other parts of the world.
- Apply general recreation and sport management principles and techniques in real-world settings through simulations and projects related to event planning, promotion, staffing, scheduling, and hosting.
The Recreation and Sport Management degree is offered at the Lake Region Center.