Much more than management!
A business administration degree provides a strong foundation for almost any career because components of the curriculum can be found in every facet of the working world. You will learn how to be a knowledgeable consumer while exploring the many aspects of the local and international economy. This degree will prepare you for the corporate world as it strengthens your personal understanding of how business affects everything we do.
Students contemplating a four-year degree frequently enroll in this curriculum. Opportunities to complete purposeful and valuable internships while studying at Lackawanna give our students an advantage after graduation.
- Students enrolled in the Business Administration associate degree program will be able to transfer directly into our Business bachelor’s degree program upon graduation.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that employment opportunities in general management occupations are expected to grow by nearly 539,000 jobs through 2024.
- Graduates with an associate degree in this field are qualified to find work as Human Resource Generalists, Data Analysts, Sales Supervisors, Customer Service Supervisors, and a host of other entry-level positions in a wide variety of industries.
- Analyze business promotion through textbook study, field trips, guest speakers, and projects.
- Identify all aspects of the employment process, including interviewing, hiring, evaluation, termination, and severance plans.
- Recognize the global perspective on business principles and practices.
- Master management theories and techniques and apply them to today’s business environment.
- Learn best methods of assimilating information and transforming it into verbal and statistical reports essential for managers.
- Master E-Commerce concepts and skills.
The Business Administration major is part of Lackawanna’s Accelerated Part-Time program, which allows students to obtain an associate degree in a little over two years on a part-time basis.