Restaurant & Foodservice Management
Beginning in Fall 2018, Lackawanna College will expand its bachelor’s degree options to include a degree in Restaurant & Foodservice Management.
The Restaurant & Foodservice Management bachelor’s degree is dedicated to the study of management and leadership in the food and restaurant business. Students will explore operational principles that lead to increased revenues and profitability including staffing, purchasing, marketing, and financial practices specific to the foodservice business.
- The Restaurant & Foodservice Management degree is designed to prepare students for a wide variety of careers including restaurant or catering manager, food purchaser, executive chef, corporate foodservice manager, and food business entrepreneur.
- Our bachelor’s degree is designed to prepare students for employment locally, regionally, or nationally.
- Internships will offer students the real-world experience they need to succeed after graduation.
Students enrolled in the Restaurant & Foodservice Management bachelor’s degree will:
- Prepare for a career in foodservice leadership through a focused study of the contemporary foodservice business.
- Integrate cutting-edge industry technologies into the functions of food and beverage operations.
- Learn to apply financial formulas and ratios specific to the restaurant industry to foster sustainable revenues and profits, and assist with capital planning.
- Identify all aspects of the employment process.
- Manage and foster the employee and customer experience through focused study on human behavior and best practices in management and leadership.
- Apply the contemporary theories, skills, and values of the professional foodservice business to national and global food service settings.
This degree will be offered exclusively at our main campus in Scranton.