Through a balance of classroom instruction and clinical experience a student will acquire applied skills in the field of Surgical Technology.
- To give students an understanding the need for surgical intervention
- To develop an understanding of the role of surgical technologist as a member of the surgical team
- To instruct students in the responsibilities which the performance of this role entails
- To assist students in developing the knowledge of the organizational structure of the hospitals, its departments and the operating room
- To develop a basic understanding of biological science as it relates to safe operating room procedure
- To facilitate the hands-on, supervised experience in the operating room performing the duties of a surgical technologist.
This degree program is currently offered at the Towanda Center only.