Emergency Medical Services
Associate Degree Objectives
- To prepare EMS-certified staff members to assume higher levels of responsibility and advance professionally within the health care industry.
- To bring EMS students to a more sophisticated understanding of personal, social, and cultural development.
- To provide instruction and practice in oral, written, and electronic communications as these relate to professional performance.
- To broaden students’ understanding of questions of conscience and increase their sensitivity to diversity through focused study of philosophy and literature.
- To facilitate personal growth and understanding of relevant medical data by means of mandated self-development coursework.
A maximum of 65 college credit hours will be awarded for those completing the EMS Degree. Completion of the EMS Degree requires successful completion of the Paramedic Training Program.